General Practice Data Protection
We've all heard about it - but what is GDPR?
- Its European legislation that will update data protection law.
- It is one set of rules that all organisations must comply with.
- It strengthens the right of the individual as to how their data is stored and processed.
GDPR tells us that the data we collect must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- accurate and where necessary up to date
- retained only for as long as is necessary
- processed in an appropriate manner to maintain security